I've been cleverly maneuvered into becoming a Moshi Monster by the Tiddlers. I wasn't overly happy about them becoming obsessed with a video game, but when I actually got to have a look at it, it ticks so many educational boxes that I've been converted.
- You have to adopt a little monster and look after it.
- You have to shop for it and get the best value for money with its food, clothing and home
- You have to earn Rox (currency) by going on missions and completing puzzles
- As the little monsters don't speak english but the program is subtitled in speech bubbles, it encourages you to read.
- During the missions you find little Moshlings (little monsters) which you keep and look after in your zoo.
So here I am, as I said the world's oldest Moshi, trying to keep up with my Tiddlers who have a bulging zoo and a superb palace and tree house for their little charges.
They are both in love with Iggy, the little monster who runs round trying to eat your pointer when you log in, and of course their own little monsters, so I have eventually found hama bead patterns for him and Furi here on http://kandipatterns.com/tag/view?tag=moshi%20monsters
Unfortunately the Poppet one didn't look very much like the character so I made up my own.
I'm hoping this doesn't step on any copyright toes. If there is a problem please let me know and I will remove the picture. I'm not a very experienced blogger and I'd hate to get into trouble.
Anyway I'm off now to feed my little monster and keep her happy so I don't get outclassed by my Tiddlers. Because although they are tiny they are red hot when it comes to using a computer!