25 April 2013

SCARLET PIMPERNEL




They seek him here.. They seek him there.. Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

Well, the French might not be able to find him, but I know exactly where he is - HE'S IN MY GARDEN!!

I've just spent a backbreaking day waging war on Scarlet Pimpernel, Ground Elder and Alpine Strawberries, all of which have decided to colonise my garden. Of the plants I'm trying to cultivate there is no sign, but weeds! they are all quite at home and flourishing.

Now I have a theory - I think that we ought to cultivate the weeds, working on the assumption that, in my experience, any plant I shower care upon keels over within the week.  I'll keep you posted on how my theory is panning out.......

Meanwhile, if any of you have any helpful tips on how to get rid of these pesky weeds, please please please put me out of my misery and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment. They are all gratefully received as it helps me decide what to add next. Pop back again soon!